“Everybody experiences far more than he understands.
Yet it is experience, rather than understanding,
that influences behavior.”- Marshall McLuhan
…design can be used as a tool to create environments that are responsive to climate, location and human needs. Spaces that enhance the level of visual and thermal comfort comprise of materials that are non- toxic and natural, can positively influence the physical and mental health and efficiency of its users.
… at a emotional and aspirational level design must symbolize who we are and express what we hope to be. An appropriate response has the potential to change what we become.
In our search for alternatives, we have associated with various like minded individuals and institutions, to design and build facilities for them. From schools and health care, to eco-tourism and corporate interiors, the experience has given us insights into every aspect of these attempts at building and designing for sustainability. Many of our clients continue to support us in new endeavors, and are a part of our growing community.
Architecture is …..
… is a continuum which begins with the instinctive need for shelter and evolves into the realization of forms which explore spiritual, psychological and social expressions.
… is an integration of human aspirations with the natural environment and with essential practical needs of economy, efficiency and conservation.
- to achieve an appropriate sustainable architecture
- to work with respect for land and nature
- for human scale, comfort and proportions
- to create a sense of harmony and an aesthetic environment
- to use local materials in their natural form, colour and texture
- for high energy efficiency and low maintenance
- to integrate art and craft in the design detailing
- to enthuse a sense of community participation in the process
“As a design built firm we aim to be involved with a project right from its conceptual stages, to its execution, to ensure the quality of construction as well as to allow for flexibility and spontaneity in the design.”